Friday, September 17, 2010

Module 2 Character Animation

When I originally made my character sketch, I drew an ape character. But when I went to draw him in illustrator, I found it very difficult to achieve many of his physical attributes such as bulging muscles. Also, I was inspired by the Bendito Machine, so I figured it would be much more practical to make a silhouetted character. With silhouetted characters, their shape and external outline are very important. I am a fan of expressionism with its exaggerated contrasty sharp looking shapes and images. So I free-formed a shape, which looked like a beak, so I finished the character off by turning it into a bird. I learned the correct way to make a shape tween since I successfully did it the wrong way in class (does not work all the time). There is still much more to learn through this project and technique because I am not sure how other silhouette factors will be a problem, such as many silhouetted elements in a scene overlapping each other.

1 comment: