Sunday, October 3, 2010

Module 4 Poems


I honestly did not like many of these animated poems. I thought the poems were extremely random, the animations could have used music, and the typography, especially, could have been more visually artistic. For example “Shiver and You Have Weather” looked good, so I watched it, and the typography was just thrown in there. Although, it was not typography, it was text on the screen, sometimes in different spots. The words did not animate, nor were they graphic whatsoever. I was expecting these to be the words of the poem visually expressing the poem, rather than just having text there to read, next to a picture/animation.

Most of the poems were just like this and so I was uninspired. The only poem I thought was okay was “This is a Letter”. Some of the typography actually moved; it was the key player in the animation, in fact, for many of the scenes, it was the only player. In this poem, the text actually transformed a bit to express the poem, although I felt like it could have done a better job by making the graphic elements of it more obvious. It was visually appealing and, that, and not only that, is what the animator should be going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment